The Inspiration Behind "Depression Kills"

 I knew life had its ups and downs but at the time it seemed as if there was no up because everything continued to go downhill. Around this time last year I reached one of the lowest points I had ever been in my entire life. Everyday was Halloween, I wore the most natural mask you'd ever seen. On the outside I was this jolly bundle of joy but internally I was battling with severe depression. I had several negative thoughts rambling through my head on a daily. Day by day my gloomy thoughts clouded my outlook on life and to be quite frank I just wanted to die. I will be the first to admit that I had intentions to commit suicide on several occasions.

The key to stopping your depression is self awareness. I was not aware of how ill I was until my suicidal thoughts came about. Thankfully I did not do anything to harm myself and I never plan on doing so but I did realize that I was not okay, I was not healthy emotionally and mentally. I had to be real with myself... I needed help. 
My mother who I am grateful for noticed that I was off. She always asked what was wrong but we weren't close and I didn't feel comfortable telling her. I didn't want to tell anyone for that matter. I kept my depression a secret for about 2 months and it continued to eat me alive. I had to escape. I finally went to my mother and confessed my truth. Opening up to her was the best decision I had ever made. She got me through it all and guided me into a more positive direction. I learned so much from her that day and we've gotten closer ever since.. Damn I love my mom💖

In the end I just want to communicate that whatever you're going through is T-E-M-P-O-R-A-R-Y!  Whether it is something as small as a paper cut to something as big as undergoing depression. YOU WILL GET THROUGH IT! In due time that scar will heal and in due time your depression will fade. Do not let a temporary thing cause you to take heed to an irrational permanent decision. These little bumps in the road are merely a test of your strength. Please REMAIN STRONG you have a purposeful destiny to fulfill.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Last Night

Inspiration Behind Block.Delete.Repeat